[osmosis-dev] Improving pgsnapshot

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Jul 9 07:34:39 UTC 2013

I've been working on expanding cgimap to use pgsnapshot. In the process I've
come across some changes to the schema I'd like to propose. The changes
basically consist of removing the giant (237GB) way_nodes table.

Would this be best to do within the existing pgsnapshot tasks and by
incrementing the schema version? Should it be in new tasks based on those?

Advice is welcome.

Schema details:

I want to add a nodes.ways bigint[] column to the nodes table and use it for
node->ways lookups, then use the existing ways.nodes bigint[] column for
way->nodes