[OSM-talk] Using OpenStreetMap on a daily basis

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 11 07:25:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 07/11/2013 05:08 AM, Andrew Errington wrote:
> I proposed this idea to the Mapnik team, and I wrote the code to do
> it, but it was rejected.

This is how silly myths like "OSM hates women because they rejected a
childcare proposal" get started - by leaving out 90% of something.
Please don't do it - it helps nobody. If you have to mention that your
proposal (which was not to the Mapnik team, btw.) was rejected, then
also say why.

Have you seen the "new map UI" proposed by the Mapbox team
(http://mapui.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/)? If something along those
lines were used, then there would be more than enough room for a
"markerlink" in the "share" panel.

Bye
Frederik